Health status and Health problems of India:
An assessment of the health status and health problems is the first requisite for any planned effort to develop health care services. This is also known as community diagnosis. Healthcare in India features a universal health care system run by the constituent states and territories of India. The Constitution charges every state with “raising of the level of nutrition and the standard of living of its people and the improvement of public health as among its primary duties” The data required for analysing the health situation and for defining the health problems comprise as of following.
- Morbidity and mortality statistics
- Demographic conditions of the population
- Environmental conditions which have a bearing on health
- Socio-economic factors which have a direct effect on health
- Cultural background, attitudes, beliefs and practices which affect health
- Medical and health services available